Friday, June 25, 2021
Friday, June 25, 2021
HomeFact checkViralA Six-Year-Old Incident Of Food Contaminated With Human Feces Resurfaces

A Six-Year-Old Incident Of Food Contaminated With Human Feces Resurfaces

A viral forward is doing the rounds in WhatsApp groups claiming that after spitting in food, Muslims are now contaminating food with human feces. It further claims that as many as 150 people are infected with food poisoning and other serious diseases because of this contamination. As per the viral forward, in Britain’s Nottingham, two brothers Abdul Basit and Amzad own a restaurant namely ‘Khyber Pass Kebab Shop’ where 150 people fell seriously ill after the restaurant served them food which was contaminated with the human feces. The duo has been booked and fined 28,000 pounds by the court. Among the infected is one 13-year-old girl who is admitted to the ICU and after the outbreak, when police raided the restaurant, they found that the two brothers were serving unhygienic food. The viral forward also contains the link of an online portal to back the claim.

Here’s what the viral forward exactly reads,

सावधान थूंक ओर पेशाब तो पिकाय ही था अब इंसानी टट्टी भी खिला रहे हैं जिहादी

https://www.agnipost.com/2020/04/blog-post_50.html?m=1

होटल चलाने वाले अब्दुल और अमजद ने ग्राहकों को खाने में इंसानी टट्टी मिलाकर खिलाया

‍♂️कहीं पेशाब, कहीं थूक तो अब टट्टी भी, आप इसे कौन सा जिहाद कहेंगे, कौन सा आतंकवाद कहेंगे ये आपके ऊपर है, पर ये खबर आपके और आपके परिवार के सदस्यों के लिए बहुत जरुरी है

आप सब भी बाहर ढाबे, रेस्तरा, होटल इत्यादि में खाना खाते ही होंगे और आप ये कभी नहीं देखते होंगे की ढाबा, रेस्तरा, होटल मजहबी उन्मादियों का है या किसी और का ..

जिन दोनों उन्मादियों की तस्वीर आप ऊपर देख रहे है उसमे पहले वाले का नाम है मोहम्मद अब्दुल बासित, तो दुसरे का नाम है अमजद

ये दोनों लम्बे समय से होटल चला रहे थे, जहाँ लोग बैठकर या फिर खाने को घर ले जाकर खाते थे, इन दोनों को गिरफ्तार कर जेल में बंद किया गया और कारण जानकार आपके होंश उड़ जायेंगे….

दरअसल इनके कुछ 150 के करीब ग्राहकों ने अलग अलग तरह के इन्फेक्शन की बात डाक्टरों से कही, अब जांच की गयी तो पता चला की सबको Food Poisoning है, जांच में सामने आया की जो खाना इन लोगो ने खाया था उसमे इंसानी टट्टी थी !!

एक 13 साल की लड़की को तो ऐसा इन्फेक्शन हो गया की उसे ICU में भर्ती करवाना पड़ा, बड़ी मुश्किल से डाक्टरों ने उसकी जान बचाई…

अब इन सभी 150 लोगो में एक ही कॉमन चीज पायी गयी और वो ये की इन सभी ने खैबर पास कबाब शॉप से खाना ख़रीदा था, फिर जांच टीम अचानक इस होटल भी पहुँच गयी और बने हुए खाने को जप्त किया गया तो पता चला की उसमे भी इंसानी टट्टी मिली हुई है!!

इसके बाद होटल चलाने वाले मोहम्मद अब्दुल बासित और अमजद को गिरफ्तार किया गया, घटना ब्रिटेन के नाटिंघम का है, दोनों को गिरफ्तार करने के बाद अदालत में पेश किया गया जिसके बाद इनपर मामला चल रहा है, दोनों पर 28 हज़ार पौंड यानि करीब 27 लाख भारतीय रुपए का जुर्माना भी लगाया गया है !!

जानकारी ये भी सामने आई की होटल में 2 अलग अलग जगह पर खाना बन रहा था, एक स्थान पर स्वच्छ खाना बन रहा था वहीँ दुसरे स्थान पर बन रहे खाने में इंसानी टट्टी मिली मिलाई जाती थी, जब उन्मादी लोग खाना खाने आते तो स्वच्छ स्थान पर बने खाने को दिया जाता, पर जब दुसरे लोग खाना खाने आते तो टट्टी मिलाए हुए खाने को परोसा जाता, अब आप इसे कौन सा आतंक कहते है ये आपके ऊपर है????

अब भारत के सेक्युलर भाई- भाई का लॉलीपोप चूंस्ते हुए जिहादियों की टट्टी भी खाना चाहें तो खा सकते हैं”

Fact Check

The viral post was sent to our official fact-checking number by multiple readers.

As we began investigating this claim, we first checked the link mentioned in the viral forward. The link opens a portal namely ‘Agni Post’. We found that the content of the viral forward is taken from the portal itself.

https://www.agnipost.com/2020/04/blog-post_50.html?m=1

We performed a Google search using the keywords mentioned in the viral forward. We found that the incident indeed took place at The Khyber Pass in Nottingham.

We found a report carried by the BBC which throws more light on the issue and indicates that the incident took place in June 2014 and Mohammad Abdul Basit and Amjad Bhatti pleaded guilty to breaching food hygiene regulations in August same year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-34337626

The owners of a kebab shop which sold food contaminated with human faeces have been ordered to pay compensation to customers who became ill. A rare strain of E. coli – only the second outbreak of its kind in Europe – was found at The Khyber Pass in Nottingham in June 2014.

An excerpt from the aforementioned BBC article reads, “A rare strain of E. coli – only the second outbreak of its kind in Europe – was found at The Khyber Pass in Nottingham in June 2014. In August, owners Mohammad Abdul Basit and Amjad Bhatti pleaded guilty to breaching food hygiene regulations. More than 140 people were affected by the outbreak. Appearing at Nottingham Crown Court, the owners were each given a suspended four-month jail sentence and ordered to pay each victim £200. Breaches included selling food unfit for human consumption, poor personal cleanliness of food workers and inadequate hand washing facilities and drainage.

We matched the description of the incident mentioned in the BBC report with that of the viral claim and we found that both the incidents are largely the same. However, the BBC report carries no pictures of Mohammad Abdul Basit and Amjad Bhatti so in order to verify this description we searched further and found a report published by Daily Mail which carries a photograph of the accused.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3247526/Kebab-shop-owners-infected-150-customers-rare-form-food-poisoning-meals-contaminated-human-faeces.html

Mohammad Abdul Basit and Amjad Bhatti own Khyber Pass, Nottingham Responsible for outbreak of E.coli that saw 142 customers fall seriously ill One 13-year-old girl was taken to intensive care where she nearly died Pleaded guilty to seven offences and given one-year suspended sentences Two kebab shop owners who infected nearly 150 customers after their meals were contaminated with human faeces have been ordered to pay £28,000 in compensation.

Additionally, we also performed a custom Google search to know more about the incident but we didn’t find anything to corroborate. However, it is evident from our fact-check above that the incident took place in 2014 and the accused have been punished in accordance with the law. The incident is being shared again to disturb communal harmony. Hence the viral forward is ‘Misleading’.

Tools Used

  • Google Search

Result: Misleading

(If you would like us to fact check a claim, give feedback or lodge a complaint, WhatsApp us at 9999499044. You can also visit the Contact Us page and fill the form)

Saurabh Pandey
The reason why he chose to be a part of the Newschecker team lies somewhere between his passion and desire to surface the truth. The inception of social networking sites, misleading information, and tilted facts worry him. So, here he is ready to debunk any such fake story or rumor.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Most Popular