Social media users shared a video claiming that an alleged Bilal Ahmed Khan, man in the video, is running a gym with an agenda to lure young Hindu women.
The 44-second video shows a woman working out in a gym with a male trainer. While attaching a religious angle to this video, the claims shared imply that the man inappropriately touched the woman without her consent.
One such user’s tweet posted on 24 March with this video reads, “This is Jihadi Bilal Ahmed Khan’s gym. In fact, a big agenda is being run here to get young girls of Hindus in the name of Jim. Now there will be no Hindu who will not know the activities being done by these jihadis.”
Originally posted in Hindi, the tweets’ caption reads, “ये है जिहादी बिलाल अहमद खान का जिम है ये असल मे यहां हिन्दुओ की जवान लड़कियों को फसाने के लिए बहुत बड़ा एजेंडा चलाया जा रहा है जिम के नाम पर अब ऐसा कोई हिन्दू नही होगा जो इन जिहादियों के द्वारा की जा रही हरकतों को जानता नही होगा”
A Facebook user also shared this video with a lengthy and similar claim, which reads, “
* This video is a small example. Watching a video of the women’s gym *
* Bilal Ahmed Khan’s gym is located in Delhi *
This is their second gym in Krishna Nagar and such women’s gyms are opening fast in Hindu dominated posh colonies across Delhi.
These modern women gym jihadis are walking in Hindu dominated civilian areas to make money.
* Indeed, this modern gym has luxurious facilities, and the amazing and smart gym trainers (jihadis) who are ready to train girls, are training them with love jihad.*
* They are running jihadi centers under the cover of gym to put Hindu youth in basket. It takes 20 years to raise their girls. But these jihadis have a clear agenda to put Hindu girls in the basket.*
* It is sad that Hindus are still not aware of the activities done by these Jihadis.*
* This video is a small example
Watching video of women’s gym *
* Bilal Ahmed Khan’s gym is in Delhi *
This is her second gym in Krishna Nagar and similar women’s gym is fast opening in Hindu majority posh colonies all over Delhi.
This modern woman gym jihadi is running in Hindu majority civilized areas to earn money.
* Of course, this modern gym has fantastic facilities, and excellent and smart gym instructors (Jihadis) who are equipped to train girls, train them in Love Jihad. *
* They are running jihadi centers under the guise of gym to keep Hindu girls in a basket. It took 20 years to raise their daughters. But these jihadis have a clear agenda to keep Hindu girls in baskets. ′′
* It is unfortunate that Hindus are still unaware of the activities of these Jihadis. ′′
* This video is a small example
Watching a video of the women’s gym *
* Bilal Ahmed Khan’s Gym is in Delhi *
It is their second gym in Krishna Nagar and similar women’s gyms are rapidly opening in Hindu-dominated posh colonies across Delhi.
These modern women gym jihadis are running in Hindu dominated civilized areas to make money.
* Of course, this modern gym has luxurious facilities, and excellent and smart gym instructors (jihadists) who are equipped to train girls, train them in Love Jihad. *
* They are running jihadi centers under the guise of gym to put Hindu girls in a basket. It takes 20 years to raise their daughters. But these jihadists have a clear agenda to basket Hindu girls. *
* It is unfortunate that Hindus are still unaware of the activities of these jihadists. *”
Fact Check / Verification
On performing a reverse image search of keyframes from the video, we found that the video has been online at least since 2017.
In the ‘Visually Similar Images’ section of the above Google search, we found the same video published on 4 February 2017 by a YouTube channel named ‘Solo Songs‘.
AltNews debunked this claim in November 2020. As per their fact-check, a Twitter user commented that the video was shot in Trinidad and shows two professional trainers Reshma and Imran. AltNews led us to Imran’s Facebook page where the viral video was uploaded on 22 June 2017.
We reached out to Imran via Facebook for clarification on the video. He confirmed that the woman in the video is his wife and they follow the same religion. And the video was indeed shot in Trinidad.
Note that this isn’t the first time social media users have misconstrued content from other countries to misled other users. Last year we debunked false incestuous claims with photographs featuring a couple viral on social media.
You can also read about this claim in our Hindi fact-check.
Our research makes it clear that at least a three-year-old video of a couple training at a gym in Trinidad was shared with a false ‘love-jihad’ attribution by several social media users.
2017 Youtube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRu5EFs_ZdQ
Imran’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/watch/bodybyimransupplements/
Imran’s direct confirmation
If you would like us to fact check a claim, give feedback or lodge a complaint, WhatsApp us at 9999499044 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the Contact Us page and fill the form.